If you struggle with one or more missing teeth, our office is equipped to change your life!
Your teeth are integral, living parts of your body, and they are just as susceptible to damage and disease as any other part. Losing your teeth can be a serious blow not only to your oral health but to your self-esteem as well. Through the use of dental implants from our Oregon dental office, you can have your smile and your confidence restored.
What Are Dental Implants?
When you lose a tooth, root and all, a dental implant can function like the root of a tooth, anchoring the prosthetic device firmly. Dental implants connect with and stimulate the bone of your jaw or skull—preventing jawbone decay, while supporting a dental prosthetic such as a crown or bridge.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Choosing to go with dental implants from us will let you enjoy many benefits—some of which might surprise you.
- Restores Smile | Enjoy a full set of beautiful teeth once again after your dental implants and dental prosthetics are placed.
- Prevents Bone Loss | A dental implant will take the place of the root of a tooth. Whenever a tooth root is lost, the bone around that area begins to lose density and withdraw because there is nothing for the bone to hold onto. This can cause more problems for you down the road. Placing a dental implant causes the bone in the jaw or skull to retain and maintain proper density.
- No Cavities | Dental implants that support dental prosthetics are not flesh and bone teeth. Therefore, they aren’t susceptible to decay and disease brought on by cavities.
- Anchored | Unlike removable dental prosthetics such as dentures, dental implants with attached prosthetics are anchored and secure—you won’t have to worry about them slipping around or falling out.
- Allows for Eating and Speaking | If your tooth loss is extreme enough to prevent you from eating and communicating, dental implants supporting dental prosthetics can restore both those functions to your mouth.
Dental Implants at Hollywood Family Dentistry
When you come to see us for an appointment dealing with dental implants, you can trust that we will provide you with our best care. At our practice, we both place dental implants and restore them. So whether you’re looking at possibly having dental implants put in or you want to add a crown or bridge on top of your current dental implants, we can help.