Your teeth are susceptible to damage and injury just like the rest of your body. That’s why we exist: because taking care of your oral health is one of our top priorities!
When you experience an emergency that threatens your oral health, you should be able to have the best care available. That’s where our skilled team steps in.
What Is Considered a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies can take many forms, including anything along the lines of the following:
- Persistent Toothaches: If you’ve been dealing with a toothache that just won’t go away, it may be time to schedule an appointment to meet with us. The toothache could be a sign of a more serious problem.
- Trauma to Teeth, Gums, or Tongue: Any damage like cracking or chipping teeth, or cuts on the gums or tongue constitutes a dental emergency.
- Sport Accidents: Contact sports can be the cause of a lot of dental emergencies. Be aware of any pain or bleeding you might have after a physical, contact injury, especially in the mouth area.
- Abscess/Swelling: Abscesses are pockets of fluid caused by an infection. They can lead to severe, painful swelling.
- Tooth Knocked Out: In the event you have a tooth completely knocked out of your mouth, handle the tooth by the crown—do not touch the root if you can help it. Rinse off the tooth and try to place it back in the vacated space in the mouth. If that’s not possible, keep the tooth moist by placing it in a glass of milk.
- You should also come see us directly when something like this happens!
For persistent pain and dental emergencies, don’t hesitate to call our office right away!
Emergency Dentistry at Hollywood Family Dentistry
Our practice has after hours on-call and 24-hour consultation for you if and when you have a dental emergency on your hands. We are willing and able to see anyone and everyone who might be having a dental emergency.