Brushing your teeth, flossing, and coming in for regular dental cleanings and checkups are a great place to start when it comes to getting the perfect smile. For times when that just isn’t cutting it, though, you can trust our skilled staff and our range of cosmetic dental treatments to help your smile be the best it can be.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a category of dental work that improves the appearance of gums, teeth, and even a patient’s bite. This can look like altering the color, position, size, alignment, and even the shape of individual teeth.
The beauty of cosmetic dentistry is that it does more for your smile than improving its appearance—creating a straighter, more uniform smile also improves your potential for good oral health.
Misaligned, crooked, chipped, or cracked teeth are more prone to disease and decay than straight and smooth teeth. Ultimately the goal of cosmetic dentistry is to leave our patients with a better and overall healthier smile.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry at Hollywood Family Dentistry
Get a healthier, prettier smile with help from our great dental team and through the use of our cosmetic treatments, which include the following:
- Cosmetic Bonding: With cosmetic bonding, we attach tooth-colored resin material to teeth that are cracked, chipped, broken, stained, or have larger-than-normal gaps between them.
- Veneers: Dental veneers are thin dental shells bonded to the surface of your natural teeth to help give your teeth a uniform, white appearance. They also strengthen and protect teeth from damage like cracking or chipping.
- Bridges: Bridges replace one or more missing teeth by connecting an artificial dental prosthetic to adjacent teeth, effectively restoring a gap-toothed smile to a whole, complete one.
- Crowns: Used to cover up and protect diseased or decaying teeth, dental crowns are designed to look and function just like a real tooth.
- Restorative Dentistry (Onlays and Inlays): Onlays and inlays help restore your teeth to their natural shape after they’ve been damaged. Onlays are applied to teeth with severe damage. Inlays are applied for more minor issues like small cavities. In both instances, the onlays and inlays are molded to the teeth in question and are tooth colored.
Learn More About Cosmetic Dentistry
Let our dental team in Oregon help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. Contact Hollywood Family Dentistry today to schedule an appointment for one of our cosmetic dentistry treatments!